Let’s not deny that curling irons or straightening irons are an absolute pain to use. But did you know that you don’t need a curling iron, or in fact any other hair styling tool to curl your hair? Yes, you read that right!
If holding a heating iron gives you tonnes of sweat, arm aches, and split ends, then you will be happy to know that there are alternate ways to add curls to your hair. I have put together a list of super easy to do methods that will give you beautiful curls.
P.S. Wash your hair with a good moisturising shampoo before you try these natural styles. Your hair should be manageable. Also, do not forget to use a deep conditioner.
01. Pin up your curls
Super easy to achieve, this classic style is not at all a pain to try. All you need are hair pins to secure your curls up high for some time.
1. Apply some hair gel before you begin.
2. Section your hair from the crown and secure them in a bun.
3. Take an inch section of your hair from the side and wrap the end around your index finger to form a loop. Start rolling the section upwards until it reaches your roots.
4. Hold the rolled up section against your scalp and secure it with a hairpin.
5. Repeat this process to create loops in your entire hair.
6. Once you are done with all the sections, wrap your hair with a scarf to keep everything in place. Leave this on overnight.
7. Wake up in the morning with beautiful curls.
02. Braids to curl.
If beach waves are what you are looking forward to, this is the way to have them.
1. Section your hair into halves and braid them individually.
2. Make sure that your braids are tight enough.
3. Sleep overnight with the braids.
4. Wake up to pretty perfect curls.
A great curling alternative, Velcro curlers are the best.
1. Section your hair and roll your hair upwards.
2. Ensure that the rollers sit snugly against your scalp.
3. You will not need to use pins to secure the rollers.
4. If you find it difficult to stick the rollers, loose a little hair from the section.
5. Wait for a couple of hours and get done with your makeup.
6. Undo the curls, finger comb your hair and finish with hairspray to hold your curls.
04. Sock it up!
Using a sock is the easiest way to get gentle waves, plus the after effects are excellent.
1. Securely pull your high ponytail with a hair tie.
2. Cut the toes off a sock and roll it into the shape of a doughnut.
3. Pull your hair through the sock and wrap them around the sock.
4. Roll your hair carefully into the sock and secure them tightly with some bobby pins.
5. Sleep with the bun on and have naturally curled hair when you get up.
05. Twist Buns
This one is the easiest to play with.
1. Part your hair down into two sections.
2. Gather the first part into a high ponytail and twist it until it resembles a rope.
3. Keep twisting the hair around itself and secure with a hair tie.
4. Repeat this process with the other section and go to bed.
Wake up to beautiful curls. Also, spray some hair spray to get hold of the curls.
For this, you’ll need a lot of hair gel or cream or whatever you wish to use to hold your curls.
1. While your hair is damp, pump out a pea-sized amount of gel or serum.
2. Bend forward and start scrunching your hair with the product. Scrunch like you crumple a paper.
3. Keep scrunching upward and let your hair dry.
P.S. Do not use any product near your roots.