Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have edible candles for your very special candle light dinner date? Here is a foolproof method to make edible white chocolate candles to make the night even more tempting.
I came across this tricky candle recipe when I was scrolling through Ann Reardon YouTube Videos ‘How to Cook That’. She shows in detail how to quickly mold a dessert into a candle.
Here is a quick step by step description of the white chocolate mold is created before you move on to witness the magic on video.
To Make the Candles
- Begin with a bottle that has similar diameter to the candle you want to make. A medium sized sauce bottle should be just fine.
- Wrap it with a firm plastic transparent sheet.
- Secure it with a tape. You get a cylinder shape to work with to make your candle.
- Temper some white chocolate and apply it carefully into the interior of the cylinder shape. You can check Ann Reardon’s YouTube Stream for chocolate tempering tips.Also Read: Best Desserts To Have After A Meal
- Allow it to dry completely and set in shape. Use a flashlight to check for any areas without the chocolate coating. Apply a second coat if required.
- To make the candle base: Apply a layer of white chocolate on wax paper and tap it to even out the level. Cut the base just before it sets completely.
- Now you have to fix the cylinder to the base. Melt the bottom side of the cylinder and stick it on to the base.Also Read: 7 Life Saving Hacks For The Thanksgiving Day
White Chocolate Mousse
- Next step is to prepare the mouse filling. Begin by gathering the ingredients: 4 egg yolks, 21/2 cup of cream, sugar and water.Also Read: 16 Cakes You Can Make With Leftover Halloween Candy
- Add the cream to the white chocolate and make a ganache.
Also Read: 5 Interesting Things You Can Do With Egg
- Dissolve the sugar in water.Also Read: 9 Foods You Probably Didn’t Know Were Low-Calorie
- Beat the egg yolks and add in the hot sugar syrup. Stir till it cools.
- Add in the ganache with vanilla extract. Whip slowly. Fold into the chocolate mixture to make the mousse.
- Fill up the candles with the mousse.
- You can arrange it on the candelabra or on plate.put a thin candle through the center. Make the melting candle effect with the white chocolate and allow it to set in the fridge before you take it out for the grand day.
Also Read: 10 things to make your boyfriend melt for you