Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a name well known to all. The Talismanic Swede football player started his career in Sweden before making a name for himself with some of the world’s biggest clubs including Barcelona, Juventus, Inter Milan, Paris Saint-German FC (PSG) and now Manchester United. His ability is unparalleled and so is his wit. There are a few egos bigger than his. Here are 8 of his most memorable quotes –
1. Having moved to Paris a reporter asked him if he had found an apartment. In typical style he says “We are currently at a hotel. If we don’t find a home, we buy the hotel.” Class.
2. When he was at Ajax, it was no secret Arsenal wanted to sign him, but when Wenger wanted him to do a trial Zlatan’s response was “No, Zlatan doesn’t do auditions.“
3. He can be really cheeky at times and when asked what he’s getting his wife for her birthday, he casually replied “Nothing, she already has me.”
4. Once the man was questioned about his ability on the ball by John Carew. After a response from Zlatan, he never spoke again. Ibra said “What Carew can do with a football, I can do with an Orange“. Neat!
5. Pep Guardiola is famous to have annoyed the big man at Barcelona by playing him second fiddle to Messi. When a reporter asked him about Pep’s thinking he said – “You don’t buy a Ferrari and drive it like a Fiat“. No offense to Fiat!
6. When asked by a journalist if not winning the Champions League bothers him, Zlatan said – ” I don’t need a trophy to tell myself that I am the best.” Arrogrance? Maybe. But you can’t hate him!
7. A few years ago, rumors surfaced that Wayne Rooney might be making a move to PSG. When asked to comment on that Zlatan was at his best. He said “If Rooney wants to move, I would encourage him to come to PSG. But he will have to get used to the fact that Zlatan scores better goals than him“. Only Zlatan calls himself by his own first name!
8. And finally, when a female reporter questioned Zlatan on his sexuality, she found out it was her worst mistake. Zlatan responded typically by saying – “You think I’m gay? Come over to my house and you’ll find out. Bring your sister along“. Some might call it over the top, still left everyone in stitches.