Donald Trump used an unlikely new campaigning tool: Bollywood. The Republican presidential nominee attended an event organized by the Republican Hindu Coalition in New Jersey, which mixed Bollywood dances with political speeches in an effort to win over Indian American voters and donors. The event called the Republican Hindu Coalition was pegged as a charity event organized to help the “victims of terror particularly Kashmiri Pandits and Hindu refugees from Bangladesh”.
But there were some incredibly absurd things that happened at the event. There were photoshopped navigators of Sonia Gandhi and Hillary Clinton, multiple trump boomers and terrorists with guns. Read on:
The Republican Hindu Coalition in New Jersey held a charity event titled “Humanity United Towards Terror”. The Chief guest was Donald Trump.
The event was held for the victims of terrorism in Kashmir and the other areas.
There were some great performances from celebrities including Prabhu Deva, Shriya Saran, and Malaika Arora Khan.
1. Apart from these performances, there was something so absurd like the fliers of Sonia Gandhi and Hillary Clinton, multiple Trump goof-ups, and terrorists with lightsaber-y guns.
2. The bones of dead cattle were also featured.
3. Donald Trump posters were photoshopped on the BJP’s official party symbol, the lotus.
4. There were various banners around the venue like this one despite one of the Trump campaign’s main focuses being a push for tighter immigration laws.
5. There were anti-Trump groups protesting even outside the venue before the event started.
6. There was an amazing performance by the Indian dancers being attacked by terrorists with lightsaber-y guns, and being saved by the US Army.
7. The Indian dancers also stood for the U.S. National Anthem.
8. The Chief visitor, Donald Trump walked on the stage and followed the Hindu ritual of lighting a ceremonial lamp.
9. He also told that he was a “big fan of Hindu”.
10. But he made a colossal blunder when he mixed up two separate terror attacks and connoted that the Indian parliament was in Mumbai.
11. He couldn’t stop praising Narendra Modi.
12. At the end, he also said that India and America would be “best friends” under his administration.